[Buddha-l] As Swami goes, so goes the nation? (Dan Lusthaus and Richard P. Hayes)

wongwf wongwf at comp.nus.edu.sg
Sun Apr 25 05:51:35 MDT 2010

Joanna wrote...
> Sorry, Dan, but you are really talking about *Religion* in world
> history, not just about Buddhism. Christianity, Judaism, and
> Islam behaved the same way over the centuries, with the same eye
> out for profit, money-making, and domination; and if domination
> wasn't possible--sucking up to rulers and capitalists.

A couple of years back, I watched a Lonely Planet travel program on TV where
the host visited Pune and the ashram of Maharishi Yogi. The in-charge from
the ashram told the host, "all other religions in the world take care of the
poor; only our religion specializes in taking care of the needs of the rich
and famous."

W.F. Wong