[Buddha-l] As Swami goes, so goes the nation? (Dan Lusthaus and Richard P. Hayes)

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 25 15:09:47 MDT 2010

Op 25-4-2010 13:51, wongwf schreef:
> A couple of years back, I watched a Lonely Planet travel program on TV
> where
> the host visited Pune and the ashram of Maharishi Yogi. The in-charge from
> the ashram told the host, "all other religions in the world take care of the
> poor; only our religion specializes in taking care of the needs of the rich
> and famous."
>
> W.F. Wong

That makes sense. Everyone needs a target group. A course in TM
typically costed a percentage of your income and the aidstest in the
Pune ashram costs several monthly wages of an Indian worker. And we know
that socalled 'spirituality' has as primary function to aliviate
feeligns of guilt of the rich and wealthy.

erik