[Buddha-l] NYTimes Tibet China Anti-British

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Aug 10 11:32:10 MDT 2010

On Aug 10, 2010, at 10:58 AM, JKirkpatrick wrote:

> Another reason for ending wars.

Joanna! Wash your nostrils out with soap. Don't you realize that the end of war would ruin the economy in the United States? Jeez, you're going to have John Boehner climbing all over buddha-l, calling us down for promoting job-killing pacifism (along with job-killing tax increases, job-killing environmental regulations, job-killing health care and job-killing immigration reform). Of course, the new Google-Verizon deal may guarantee that buddha-l can be reached only by 1200 bps dial-up modem.

> And IMO the new
> great gamesters are getting ready for the next one.

We don't need a next one. I don't think the wars that are going on now are in any danger of ending within this century. The human race has reached a critical mass of billionaires who have a vested interest in keeping war going in perpetuity.