[Buddha-l] Vajrayana on buddha in the Buddha

Mitchell Ginsberg jinavamsa at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 14:24:49 MST 2010

hello Bernhard and all,
To the question:

Am 12.01.2010 05:00, schrieb Mitchell Ginsberg:
>> From a Mahayana / Vajrayana Buddhist viewpoint only, I wish to have the most
>> accurate answer possible to the following questions.  It would be nice to know
>> the authority for the answers.  I.E., sutra, or the words of a well-known
>> Buddhist teacher, etc.

you replied:

Dear friend,
according to the teaching of the Buddha
you have to find out by your own!
<---
Sleeping Buddhas, Awaken!
"So Rinpoche," she asked, "if these grand old living Buddha-lamas are as
perfectly enlightened, awakened, omniscent, skillful, powerful, and
compassionate as we think they are, why don't they just wake us up from
the sleep of delusion?"
"Who's asleep?" the master replied.
--->
    Surya Das, The Snow Lion's Turquoise Mane.
in metta,
bernhard
http://www.mb-schiekel.de/

Of course, this could be an answer to any question asked about Buddhism whatsoever. The issue was not about how worldlings and others come to know anything (or come to awakening) but what omniscience or other deep awareness allows, and why these omniscient individuals are not communicating more and not giving more helpful information than they do (as I understand my friend's questioning).
thank you.
Mitchell  ==========
Homepage (updated 27 December 09): http://jinavamsa.com
See also http://jinavamsa.com/mentalhealth.html