[Buddha-l] Vajrayana on buddha in the Buddha

M.B. Schiekel mb.schiekel at arcor.de
Wed Jan 13 02:12:55 MST 2010

Am 12.01.2010 22:24, schrieb Mitchell Ginsberg:

>>> From a Mahayana / Vajrayana Buddhist viewpoint only, I wish to have the most
>>> accurate answer possible to the following questions.  It would be nice to know
>>> the authority for the answers.  I.E., sutra, or the words of a well-known
>>> Buddhist teacher, etc.

> ... The issue was not about how worldlings and others come to know
> anything (or come to awakening) but what omniscience or other deep
> awareness allows, and why these omniscient individuals are not
> communicating more and not giving more helpful information than they
> do (as I understand my friend's questioning).

Hello Mitchell,

if your friend is more interested in miracles than in awakening, than
this stupid old man can be of no help.

But I think, if your friend will be walking around the earth in search
for miracles, he'll be wasting his precious lifetime an will not cease
his suffering (dukkha). In the end, he might find, that there are no
miracles and that omniscience for the Buddha himself meant first and
foremost, that he deeply understood the Four Noble Truths:
"Earlier and now also I declare - suffering (dukkha) and its cessation."
Majjhima Nikâya #22

So why not begin practising the precious Buddhadharma right now.

in metta,
bernhard

--
http://www.mb-schiekel.de/