[Buddha-l] Religious violence, Buddhist violence

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Sat Jan 23 09:09:24 MST 2010

Thank you for this encouraging post. I thought I was going crazy.

On Jan 20, 2010, at 2:14 PM, Richard P. Hayes wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 13:12 -0700, Richard P. Hayes wrote:
>
> The neural pathways between my brain and my fingers has been breaking
> down with age. I am amazed these days at what I type. I am even more
> amazed that when I proofread my messages before sending them out, I tend
> to see what I meant to write rather than what is actually on the screen.
> One of the (dubious) benefits of getting older is that the subtle
> processes that have been going on throughout life (such as seeing what I
> want to see and disregarding the rest) become much more glaring. Some of
> my flaws become so patent that even I can see them, which annoys the
> hell out of me. I much prefer being blind to my own shortcomings,
> because seeing my own distracts me so much from the important business
> of seeing everyone else's.
>
> Richard

Dr. James M. Peavler
jmp at peavler.org
http://www.vivanewmexico.com/blog

"When the experts are agreed, the opposite opinion cannot be held to be certain;
When [they] are not agreed, no opinion can be regarded  as certain by a non-expert;
when they all hold that no sufficient grounds for a positive opinion to exist, the ordinary man would do will to suspend his judgement."Bertrand Russell.