[Buddha-l] Non-arising

David Andrews david.andrews at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 3 21:39:16 MST 2010

Hello Bernhard,

Thanks for the reference.

My son graduated in mathematical physics a couple of years ago. My
knowledge comes primarily from discussions with him, although I had a
course in differential topology many years ago. I worked for over a
decade on the applications of formal mathematics to the specification
and verification of computer software. Part of that work involved
explicit but informal mappings between the specifications and observable
events. The specifications were, for the most part, formalized in
Zermelo–Fraenkel set theory with choice, with the axiom schema
formalized as definition principles (the EVES system).

I have a strong interest in formal mathematics but my position is
probably closer to mathematical Platonism.

I have been interested in Buddhism since the late 1960s.

David.