[Buddha-l] Brahma & Abraham

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 06:34:37 MST 2010

Hi Andy,

> But  it has been done so many times!

You and I know Andy, but some people still seem to think Pali-Buddhism is
safe from all this humbug. We need to break it gently to them.

Body or spirit, visible or invisible body, does it matter when the Pali
Buddha says he can touch and stroke the sun and the moon, powerful and
mighty though they be, with his hands. "If he wants to go to them and touch
them, he can do so. But if he wants to touch them while sitting or lying
down here on earth, he resolves that they should come to the palms of his
hands." (Conze, Buddhist Scriptures, p. 126). I am afraid it needs more than
a spaceship full of aliens in a tail of a comet to impress a Pali Buddhist.
He is rather spoiled in comparison to Muslims, Confucianists, Christians...
I mean walking on water, really, even a lizard can do it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45yabrnryXk

Joy