[Buddha-l] Brahma & Abraham

andy stroble at hawaii.edu
Sat Mar 6 01:29:03 MST 2010

On Friday 05 March 2010 21:16:42 Joy Vriens wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Not anymore. I just discovered a vulnerability in Pali Buddhism through
> which the biggest backdoor Trojan could be dragged in. Moses and the
> Extraterrestials? Jesus meets Buddha? You name it, in Tusita anything is
> possible.

But  it has been done so many times!  For example the  Church Univeral  and
Triumphant (not that one) of Elizabeth Claire Prophet, in Montana slightly
north of Yellowstone Park.  Talked to Jesus, Buddha, and I think Mohammed and
Confucius as well.  Of course, if you have the  hubris to change your last
name to "Prophet" anything is truly possible (the Secret!!).  What is is about
spritual  traditions that engenders these syncretic movements?  We are all
after the same thing, which could be to be taken up by aliens hiding in the
tail of  comet?
--
James Andy Stroble, PhD
Lecturer in Philosophy