[Buddha-l] Getting your book reviewed (WAS Are we unplugged or something?]

W. Codling waynewc at shaw.ca
Sat Nov 13 10:23:57 MST 2010

Joanna, thank you for your suggestions and your gentle reception to my
self serving efforts.  This is new and untrammeled territory and I
appreciate the seasoned perspective.  As to Andy's declaration that the
issue is 'truth' rather than 'credit', I must confess that I still more
or less conflate the two in the academic setting; not that I think
things are true in a definitive way but that I assume an academic
publisher of some note such as Routledge would have, in the lengthy
process leading up to publication, vetted every word for factuality,
veracity and even, perhaps, interest.  In this imagining just getting a
publishing credit would be tantamount to something akin to 'truth'.

I will follow through with the JAAR in due course.

gassho, Wayne