[Buddha-l] Getting your book reviewed (WAS Are we unplugged or something?]

andy stroble at hawaii.edu
Sat Nov 13 22:18:47 MST 2010

>As to Andy's declaration that the
>issue is 'truth' rather than 'credit', I must confess that I still more
>or less conflate the two in the academic setting; not that I think
>things are true in a definitive way but that I assume an academic
>publisher of some note such as Routledge would have, in the lengthy
>process leading up to publication, vetted every word for factuality,
>veracity and even, perhaps, interest.  In this imagining just getting a
>publishing credit would be tantamount to something akin to 'truth'.

Actually, being a devotee of both the Cynic and Skeptical schools of Greek
philosophy, I highly doubt that publication is any indication of truth, and
may in fact indicate the contrary!    So I wouldn't conflate them, but hope for
that rare occurence when they coincide.   And, of course, it is the reviews
that allow us to tell when that is the case.  That is, if they get published.
. . .

(oh, dear . . . . )

But I am reading said volumne, and will report anon!
-
James Andy Stroble, PhD
Lecturer in Philosophy
Department of Arts & Humanities