[Buddha-l] Brahmi Script

L.S. Cousins selwyn at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 27 00:24:57 MDT 2010

Dan,

During his preaching career he is not located further west than the
Delhi region and that is doubtful. He is mostly in what we now call Bihar.

> Lance, or someone else, are you aware of Buddha having made it further
> west?

The basis for this suggestion would be that there are accounts of people
going to study (e.g. medicine) in Taxila. So it is faintly possible that
the young prince Siddhattha was sent there to study in his youth, but we
have no evidence to support this possibility.

Best Wishes,

Lance or someone else