[Buddha-l] Buddhism and Psychology research

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Sat Sep 4 14:41:33 MDT 2010

Oh I forgot to include his concept of projection with
ambivalence--just brilliant, and subsequently of widespread
service to both anthropology and lit. crit.

Joanna

I heartily share your admiration for Freud. One of his more
overlooked contributions, IMHO, was/is his theory of ambivalence
--often overlooked, maybe, because it appeared in the context of
his widely shot-down ideas in the book Totem and Taboo. This
concept of ambivalence is what later made the idea of cognitive
dissonance possible.

Joanna