[Buddha-l] Buddhism and Psychology research

R B Basham bshmr at aol.com
Sat Sep 4 15:32:47 MDT 2010

Here are my two cents:

IIRC, Freud, in his 1928 introductory lectures in the USA, limited 'his
stuff' to about 6% of the general population. The other 94% remained to
be cognized, or was best explained as other processes and 'thinkings of
"our" time stuff'.

Outside of the USA, Freud was/is less revered as others of his era (and
region) were/are considered 'better'. His elevation in the USA appears
due to hype along with the possibilities <g> that 'sexuality' sold well
here as did the rationale to dismiss abuse as fantasy.

And Freud undoubtedly was prejudiced about lots, which RA's likely don't
BS as much about these days.

Meanwhile, my Wednesday revisit of the illuminating fire of
Dunning-Kruger lingers, the flickering lights and smokey scent seems to
be everywhere.

Richard Basham

PS: I cannot agree with Thilo Sarrazin on most issues, as well.