[Buddha-l] Castro on Ahmadinejad

Vera, Pedro L. pvera at health.usf.edu
Thu Sep 9 11:39:33 MDT 2010

I wonder how relevant (or believable) can Castro's remarks be about anti-semitism when, in fact, his regime ran "concentration camps" for political dissenters, individuals with religious beliefs, homosexuals, intellectuals, professionals who wanted to leave the country. Basically, anyone who fit the rather broad label (applied by the regime, of course) of engaging in "improper conduct".

For those interested in the topic

http://totalitarianimages.blogspot.com/2010/02/concentration-camps-in-cuba-umap.html

Or if you prefer the documentary by Almendros

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087696/