[Buddha-l] topics, which cyclic emanate from the 'cosmic subconsciousness' of Buddha-l: was Re: New Buddhist Topic--Buddhism and Cats

Ralf Steckel ralf.steckel at online.ms
Sat Dec 31 06:34:01 MST 2011

Dear Katherine et. al.,

cyclic events in a linear calendar seem to motivate the subscribers of Buddha-l to let 'pop up' certain topics during the time span of transition for the 'Northern Hemisphere' as well for the 'Southern Hemisphere'.

An url - i would bet a small amount of tobacco - already seemed to be posted is http://www.earthcalendar.net which shows that contemporary human beings, affected to Buddhism (or perhaps in general) are more tolerant to the 'holy days' of different beliefs.

That makes me feel less annoyed about all the political & social intolerance & rejection which are discussed on this forum as side-effect in topics dealing with inter-cultural conflicts or even wars, which due to the 'globalization' of 'news' affect a wider audience, than during the past of mankind on earth as known by the most 'historic' transmissions.

***

For human beings who share the companion of 'domestic' cats, here some urls , which may not completely match the needs of subscribers of Buddha-l, because i for myself prefer the more 'wild' felines.

Apart from that, those urls seem to have nothing in common with 'Buddhism'.

Due to 'urbanization' especially in Germany, it is almost impossible to find a cat on the street, who is not nursed by some house keeper, a cat shelter organization or some volunteers. And if you run an apartment, you know cats get neurotic if they are not in companionship of other cats or you really spend a lot of time with them.

At the country site, for a cat 'owner' in Germany there are different aspects to take into account, which i may report in year 2012, if anybody on this list may be interested...

http://fifeweb.org/index.php

http://www.wcf-online.de/

http://www.tica.org/

http://www.intercf.de/

As conclusion let all have a 'good transition' to 2012...

Ralf

PS: some name dropping of cats, playing a role during my current life on earth from past over present to future:

'Die Katze' - 'the cat'
'Nea' - 'the new one'
'Das Katerchen' - 'the "small" tomcat'
'Nea II' - 'the new one II' - later adopted by my mother and renamed to 'pussy'
some cats on the city streets, always watched (or they observed me)
'Vladimir'
et. al.

'Maya'
'Sheila'
'Tommy'

The last three names still are among us sheltered by neighbours or friends

>Katherine Masis
P.S.  I live with 3 lovely, sweet cats: Selma, Estrella and Vicente.