[Buddha-l] Dhammakaya Solution

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Thu Feb 10 08:07:19 MST 2011

Hi Joanna

A bit of reverse bindabart there. nice story.

When i was a monk in Thailand we used to collect about 20 times
as much food as we could eat.The food was eaten by the monks
first and then anyone could come to the temple and eat anything
left over. Not many people did and large amounts of food,
especially rice, was wasted every day - some given to temple dogs
and the rest thrown away.

Bankei

Interesting, Bankei......... one thing that used to bother me
about being around most wats was the number of half-starved dogs
and cats, unkempt, ratted coats, rheumy eyes and ribs
showing--maybe they were supposed to signify delusion :)
In some wats these temple dogs are in attack mode, having to be
called off by any monk who sees them about to bite someone.  (For
sure, any monastery would not dispose of these animals.) The
worst of such lots I ever saw was up in the hills above
Chittagong at a Chakma wat in the jungle (now probably cut down
by plains land grabbers).
Scary animals.