[Buddha-l] Clahsing of Symbols, was: Re: A friendly Quaker-Buddhist debate

sjziobro at cs.com sjziobro at cs.com
Sat Jun 11 10:07:24 MDT 2011

 Steve,

 Your remarks lend themselves to an interesting point amidst the clashing of symbols.  I think we naively assume that the symbol per se is the problem when the real issue is the manipulation of these symbols as expressions of human intelligence.  Moreover, these manipulations can be oriented for purposes of good or of evil, and when used for the former, raise issues of subversion of meaning for the advance of a particular ideology, etc.

Regards,

Stan