[Buddha-l] Stanford scholar Tenzin Tethong could be the nextprimeminister of Tibet

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Sun May 8 14:40:12 MDT 2011

> First of all, I'm Erik not Eric.

Yes, sorry. I have a very good friend named Eric with whom I email
frequently -- it is a slip of the finger, not the mind, a habit you might
say. (I don't know if Eric would be equally annoyed at receiving a message
addressed to "Erik," but I imagine he would. Since my name is Dan, not
Daniel, it annoys me when people -- thinking it is the formal and proper
form of my name -- change it to Daniel. Especially on official documents. So
I get it.)

> Secondly, the word 'justified' came from you

No. That was the actual headline in the LATimes piece. As I said, everything
below "From the LATimes" is from the LATimes, not me.

HHDL's remarks would indicate he found the taking out of bin Laden
"justified."

So, again, don't conflate the messenger with the message.

cheers,
Dan