[Buddha-l] Stanford scholar TenzinTethong couldbe the nextprimeminister of Tibet

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Tue May 10 09:49:41 MDT 2011

Op 10-05-11 17:21, Dan Lusthaus schreef:
> Erik, did you make this video?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQRGCIXlq0c&feature=related
No Dan, thanks for  the link. Do I think the DL is a saint? No.
Personally I think he even hasn't even got a consistent buddhist
approach to the question of war, which would be basically based on
virtue ethics. I think he is very naïeve and he is afraid to go against
authority and make a stand. I have never been inspired by his speeches
and his books. I think he even hasn't got the education to make a
consistent ethical judgement, but to say he advocates war is imho a step
too far. But to be frank, the person of the DL has always been beyond my
field of interest.

erik