[Buddha-l] Bourgeois Buddhism

Federico Andino dingirfecho at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 07:05:12 MDT 2011

I guess that he means that there´s a cultural, ethical, social and
religious dimension to buddhism, which in his eyes supersedes the
practice of buddhism. But if that were the only dimensions that
buddhism had, it would be a kind of tribal religion.
Poor Buddhaghuya and his Yogavatara, also...and the yogaratnamala, and
the vimalaprabha, etc...they just missed the point.

For myself, I celebrate that buddhism can be understood as "just a
practice" since that way it can reach people who´d be resistant
otherwise.