[Buddha-l] Rice & Dragons

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sat Apr 14 22:55:46 MDT 2012

On Apr 14, 2012, at 9:50 PM, "Dan Lusthaus" <vasubandhu at earthlink.net> wrote:

> If you care to contribute any actual facts to
> the discussion, or wish to offer a coherent theory, please do.

A coherent theory for what? I thought I had already said that I think the situation is so complex and multifaceted that constructing a narrative is sure to be an oversimplification that distorts rather than clarifies. To say that Buddhism no longer exists in India is already a simplistic claim. To say that it no longer exists because it was expelled by Islam is a careless narrative about that simplistic claim. I have no simplistic claims to make in lieu of the one you are offering, and I don't believe in replacing one careless narrative with another.

> If you want
> to play your guilt-by-innuendo-and-association games, play with someone
> else.

I have no idea what you are saying here. Nothing I have said attributes guilt to anyone, and I certainly have not engaged in innuendo are made any inferences on the basis of association. Perhaps you have me confused with someone else.

Richard Hayes