[Buddha-l] Students as potential spooks?

sjziobro at cs.com sjziobro at cs.com
Mon Feb 6 11:00:09 MST 2012

Richard,

Thank you for your further clarification.  It never occurred to me that, outside of West Point and the other military schools, there would be academic programs devoted to inquiry into intelligence matters.  That said, it seems reasonable that the developers of such a program would seek a formal relationship with those involved in religious studies.  Intelligence personnel need to know about many matters if they're to be successful in their field of endeavor.  The CIA, for example, regularly assesses religious influence within any particular society or culture.  But this relation does seem initially arresting.  Can you conceive of any way this question might have some corrolary with the study of Buddhism?

Kind regards,

Stan