[Buddha-l] more tibetan self-immolations

sjziobro at cs.com sjziobro at cs.com
Sun Jan 8 11:22:37 MST 2012

It doesn't strike me as odd.  The Communist Chinese invaded and occupied the sovereign nation of Tibet in the middle of the last century.  They've occupied it since and implemented policies that oppress the Tibetan people, which oppression includes eradicating as much as possible their culture, and any hint of an uprising has been brutally suppressed.  In short, the Communist Chinese have been warring against the Tibetans, and the fact that the Tibetan people are in no position to successfully defend themselves does not make this any less a war.

 Stan