[Buddha-l] Which Buddhists believe in rebirth?

Richard Basham bshmr at aol.com
Sat Jan 21 14:33:34 MST 2012

Curt and non-Curt,

{Curt Steinmetz}: ... "PS: I used to know how to access the WVS data,
but either they have moved things around or I have forgotten. Anyway,
here is their official website, and the numbers are in there somewhere:
http://www.worldvaluessurvey.org/"

Using WVS Online Data Analysis, the survey question "F057-Believe in:
re-incarnation" was in the aggregate of the first four waves, not the
WVS 2005-2008+ waves (studies). In addition, one has to cross-tab by
both country and religion in addition to the leap that
sects/denominations can be determined by nation-state <g>. Close enough
for a house or list-server?

Been too long since I looked at all of THAT! Quite a challenge to wander
through the 'updated' site, recalling just enough to be self-frustrating
and self-encouraging <g>.

I did notce that the USA has become more autocratic and less secure
(Primary Factor Chart) and new groupings have formed. Careful to note
that scaling has changed a bit so the scoring isn't as close as
pictured.

Richard Basham