[Buddha-l] More on the biology of politics

Richard Basham bshmr at aol.com
Mon Jan 23 18:52:56 MST 2012

This morning, I was distracted by the appended (linked) press release --
too much of which seemed about an implied immutable -- the idealogical
brain.

While differences between conservatives and liberals may be due to some
extent to relative sensitivities to rewards or punishments, life
experiences (conditioned mind, learning) seem more significant (to me).
For instance, families favoring recognition of 'negatives' train
'conservatives', who differ according to their biological sensitivity as
well as other experiences (training). And so on.

Recognition of real differences could lead to minimizing conflicts by
broadening the figurative vision of both types -- that is, training
each, including children, to expand their 'reality'. However, one type
will be more predisposed to permanence <g>.

Aside, for amusement: Milk chocolate banned at KU lunch room --
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2012/jan/23/100-years-ago-milk-chocolate-banned-ku-lunch-room/

Richard Basham

**

The biology of politics: Liberals roll with the good, conservatives
confront the bad
New study brings to light physiological, cognitive differences of
political left and right