[Buddha-l] Christendom vs Buddhism in Cambodia

Christopher Fynn chris.fynn at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 17:00:09 MDT 2012

On 02/07/2012, curt steinmetz <curt at cola.iges.org> wrote:

> Even in the US and Europe, fundamentalist Protestantism can no longer be
> considered a "fringe" phenomenon (to the extent that it ever was that).
>
> Curt

I had an Indian housekeeper here who used to attend meetings of
various Christian groups here.  They used to give her young daughter
all kinds of gifts and money for attending Sunday school.. One day I
came home early to discover all my Buddhist images covered up and a
whole group of her freinds both men and women with white cotton
scarves tied round their heads kneeling on the floor of my sitting
room conducting some strange Christioan ritual .  I'm not sure but I
think this particular group may have been some kind of offshoot of the
seventh day adventists - but they seemed pretty fringe to my own
experiences of Christianity.