[Buddha-l] Documentary streaming online: "My Reincarnation"

Richard Nance richard.nance at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 20:12:38 MDT 2012

Hi all,

This is just a quick email to alert you to an interesting documentary
that has recently become available online. From the press release:

"Filmed over 20 years by acclaimed documentarian Jennifer Fox, My
Reincarnation chronicles the epic story of exiled Tibetan Buddhist
master Chögyal Namkhai Norbu and his Western-born son, Yeshi. As
Namkhai Norbu rises as a teacher in the West, Yeshi, recognized from
birth as the reincarnation of a famed Buddhist master, breaks away to
embrace the modern world. Can the father convince his son to keep the
family’s spiritual legacy alive? With intimate access to both the
family and H.H. The Dalai Lama, Fox distills a decades-long drama into
a universal story about love, transformation and destiny. Winner, Top
20 Audience Award, 2010 International Documentary Film Festival
Amsterdam. Produced in association with American Documentary | POV."

The direct link to stream the film in its entirety, valid through
September 20, 2012, is below:

http://www.pbs.org/pov/myreincarnation/full.php

The link appears to be working within the US. It should also work
internationally, but I haven't checked. In any case, I hope that all
those who are interested will be able to screen the film.

Best wishes,

R. Nance
Indiana University