[Buddha-l] In God We Trust

David Living aryacitta at hotmail.com
Tue May 1 15:04:29 MDT 2012

A while back Erik wrote:
> Since the crisis the hotel prices in the Bahama's have gone up, so
> staying there for more than 4 months a year is treathening my budget.
> I'm contemplating to start a temple to get extra revenue. What would be
> better; a Buddhist one in Japan or China, or a Hindu temple in India?
> http://is.gd/CnKEib
>
> ErikPlease forgive my tardiness but living in Southend on Sea I am naturally interested in money making religious ventures! - In the article Erik mentions in the Deccan Herald it reads:

 “In the financial year 2011-12, the Mahavir Mandir earned Rs
6,44,63,752. The biggest revenue of Rs 2,49,35,252 was generated through
 the offering by general public, while the sale of Naivedyam laddoos too
 earned Rs 2,29,58,914,” Kishore Kunal, chairman of the Mahavir Mandir
Trust Committee, told Deccan Herald here on Sunday.

Naivedyam laddoos????? What are they? Does anyone know? Could it be the religious alternative to winning the Lottery?

Dave Living/Aryacitta