[Buddha-l] Another One Bites the Dust

Leigh Goldstein leigh at deneb.org
Mon Feb 25 17:02:53 MST 2013

I am an intermittent student of Roshi. I know two woman who had interactions with him very well.  It is a terrible thing if, as it appears to be, some women have been harmed and even turned away from spiritual practice by his actions.

It is also true that  many people have been inspired and taught by him and I have found great value in practicing in his community which I have found to be very strong in its discipline and  commitment, as well as kind and supportive . For me he is one of the strongest Zen masters I have met and I was very sorry when he retired.

The leaders of his community say they are taking actions to ensure a safe practice environment for women.