[Buddha-l] Another One Bites the Dust

Jo ugg-5 at spro.net
Mon Mar 4 09:27:25 MST 2013

........As an aside, when the world-famous Jémez Thunder (the fortnightly
newspaper of Jémez Springs, NM, the village of 250 human denizens where
Sasaki-owned Bodhi Manda Zen Center is situated) ran a story on Sasaki-roshi
on January 1, 2013, it said that this problem was nothing new in Buddhism.
After all, said the story, the Buddha himself reportedly sexually abused his
disciples. This was news to me, and I wondered where on earth the writer of
the story got that idea. What was written in what book that could be
misremembered or misinterpreted in such a way that it became that claim? Any
speculations?

Richard

I have also seen this alleged fault of the Buddha in other online regions
now and then. If anyone knows where they got this erroneous idea, I too
would love to know if any sources in the lit. are cited.

Joanna