[Buddha-l] Another One Bites the Dust

Jo ugg-5 at spro.net
Mon Mar 4 17:50:06 MST 2013

Well put, Rhett (who valued logic above all values, except survival).
I'd agree that celibacy was de rigeur for beggars. Otherwise potential contributors might think they were, uh, Welfare Queens --another president?
Hadn't thought of that angle, since I’m a ditsy southern lady.
As for the Amurrikans of our days: lots of them actually practice celibacy, since they are not partnered and choose to avoid STDs, among other klesas.  But boys will be boys—the power of celibate institutions has never been able to control the lower regions of the male mind, except perhaps Tibetan Buddhism, which figured out a way to deal with it…as Stephen Batchelor intimated. However, I bet that even they have had their fubars.

Joanna K.