[Buddha-l] Nalanda's library destruction

Jo ugg-5 at spro.net
Mon May 13 23:19:38 MDT 2013

Sorry if I missed something, but I'd like to see a title for the source(s)
on Dharmaswamin.

I tend to be skeptical myself of the apparent current attitude of denial
when it comes to Muslim conquest behaviors in India. However, I'd
particularly like to read about Dharmaswamin if possible--an eyewitness to
Buddhist history.

This blog link supplies an account citing some sources and also Berzin, who
as I understand reads Tibetan:
http://folks.co.in/blog/2009/12/19/reasons-for-decline-of-buddhism-in-india/

This account is certainly not compatible with GM's message that desecrations
and mass murders perpetrated under the Ghurid invasions (of the Khiljis) are
myths. Muslim sources claiming to provide confirmation are mentioned, but no
references are given (!).
Searching online about Dharmaswamin gets practically nowhere.

So, if possible, what scholarly source is available on this Tibetan monk's
experiences in Nalanda (in English)?

Joanna