[Buddha-l] Nalanda's library destruction

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Tue May 14 14:07:47 MDT 2013

"We must set the story in the right perspective, which is better done in
the light of the archaeological evidence." - Verardi says. The evidence he
provides is not so unambiguous, as some anti-"revisionists" would wish for.
And, the Muslims did not act in a political void: they had informers,
helpers and, also. smart local anti-Buddhist plotters and instigators.

Artur