[Buddha-l] Nalanda photos

Richard Hayes richard.hayes.unm at gmail.com
Wed May 15 07:44:22 MDT 2013

On May 15, 2013, at 1:30, "Dan Lusthaus" <vasubandhu at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Inventing a fantasy of future number inflation is the kind of straw man tactic Richard has been trying to pretend is already running loose in this discussion.

Obviously my attempts to pretend have been unsuccessful, for what Dan seems to be suggesting is that there really is a straw man, in which case I have not been pretending at all. I'll try harder next time.

Just for clarification's sake, I did not try to pretend that a straw man was running loose. Rather I tried to pretend the straw man had been set afire. The straw man I was feebly trying to pretend had been torched was the alleged Nālandā holocaust denier who needed to be buried under evidence that Nālandā was destroyed by a fanatical Turkish general rather than turned into a theme park by Disney enterprises.

I suspect someone will now raise the ante by saying the actual number of enflamed straw men was in the thousands and that napalm was involved. All I can say is that all these flames are enlightening, and I look forward to several more days of people trying to convince one another that they disagree with each other. As for myself, I think I'll roast a few marshmallows.

Richard, the asbestos coyote