[Buddha-l] Nalanda's library destruction

James A Stroble stroble at hawaii.edu
Thu May 16 02:04:21 MDT 2013

On Wed, 15 May 2013 12:26:47 -0500
Randall Jones <randall.bernard.jones at gmail.com> wrote:

> At 03:03 AM 5/15/2013, James wrote:
> >I do keep a copy of the Koran in my library (even though it is the
> >Penguin edition) just to keep it from being burned down.
>
> I was just thinking how lucky we were that Jefferson included his
> Koran among the books he sold to Congress after the British had
> burned down the congressional library.
>
> Randall

Ah, if only he had done so before the conflagration!! Probably wouldn't
have deterred the C of E, though.

Seems we are experiencing the calm after the storm.  But I am still
interested in opinions on the Nirvana Sutra citation.  Does this
actually suggest that lethal force is impunible?  Or Akarmic?

--
Yours,

James Andy Stroble
Leeward Community College