[Buddha-l] Nalanda's library destruction

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at gmail.com
Thu May 16 22:59:59 MDT 2013

Richard:

"Rather, the bodhisattva says, in effect, "rather than letting you go to
hell for aeons as a consequence of doing something really wicked, I'll
kill you, give you a get out of hell free card, and I'll go to hell for
killing you. But my stay in hell will be shorter than yours would have
been, because I have lots of merit, whereas you're a vicious miscreant."

Yes, the only thing the bodhisattva has to go by for living his
righteousness to the full is his belief. In karma, in reincarnation, a
metaphysical (six penitentiary realms) retribution system, in his
ability to decide who is wicked (an obstacle to "the Dharma") and who
isn't it, which is something habitually only suitable for a god or God.
May we conclude that a bodhisattva, with Karma on his side, is a
righteous sun of a BLEEP?

Without his belief, he'll probably would have thought by himself, "Well,
I only have one life which is very precious to me, I have my wife and
children to think of, we have laws in this country to prevent wicked men
from misbehaving and punishing them if they do, I am not God, who am I
to judge, and who needs merit if he lives a good life?"

I am not sure he would make a good bodhisattva, or buddhist, but I would
go and have a drink with him, whereas I would be very weary of that
creepy bodhisattva.

Joy