[Buddha-l] Nalanda's library destruction

Richard Hayes richard.hayes.unm at gmail.com
Fri May 17 22:50:02 MDT 2013

On May 15, 2013, at 2:03, James A Stroble <stroble at hawaii.edu> wrote:

> I do keep a
> copy of the Koran in my library (even though it is the Penguin edition)
> just to keep it from being burned down.

I keep a copy of the Popol Vuh on my shelves for similar reasons. You never can tell when there will be a Quiché uprising.

I'm retiring this summer and am thinking I should do the Zen thing of burning all my books. Given the extreme fire hazards in New Mexico, however, I'll probably just put the Access to Insight translation of the Pali Canon onto a thumb drive and toss it into the Rio Grande.

Richard