[Buddha-l] Compassionate Violence?

Jo ugg-5 at spro.net
Fri May 24 08:46:35 MDT 2013

Andy,
Maybe you will read this?
If you seek the non-mythic aka 'reality' violence, you should review the
history of Buddhist sangha vs the Tamils violence in Sri Lanka.
At the present moment that has morphed into Buddhist sangha vs. Muslims
(citizens, not immigrants), often resulting in violence, as in contemporary
Burma: where the same thing is going on and the same propaganda is being
used to justify it: defense of the Buddha, the Dharma, and the Sangha.

I posted on this before but as usual you probably deleted it without
reading.
Joanna

On Fri, 17 May 2013 11:22:15 +0600
Christopher Fynn <chris.fynn at gmail.com> wrote:

> D.B. Gray - Compassionate Violence?:On the Ethical Implications of
> Tantric Buddhist Ritual
>
> <http://vajrayana.faithweb.com/DGrayCompassionateViolence.pdf >

Thanks for this, Chris, very helpful.

Of course, in reference to our original topic, I am interested in any
justifications of violence to defend the Dharma, the Buddha, or Buddhism in
general.  And this in immediate practical action rather
than mythological?

--
Yours,

James Andy Stroble