[Buddha-l] What is enlightenment?

Stanley J. Ziobro II ziobro at wfu.edu
Wed May 11 05:53:41 MDT 2005

On Tue, 10 May 2005, Richard P. Hayes wrote:

> Being a Unitarian, I see no reason to redefine the trinity (or to spell
> it with a capital letter). It's just a bloody absurd doctrine that no
> rational person would accept, and no amount of redefining it will
> improve the situation.

It's absurd according to you and others who may share your particular
philosophical suppositions.  But your point is made: those who don't share
the suppositions of a specific group or individual are considered
delusional by that group or individual.  At least that may qualify as a
relativist explanation dogmatically articulated within the terminological
context of "delusion" and "enlightenment."

Stan Ziobro