[Buddha-l] Re: Of Buddha, Miracles, and Ferry Rides

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at nerim.net
Wed Nov 2 07:27:11 MST 2005

Richard P. Hayes wrote:

> Indeed, the faster Land of No Buddha attains radical
> impermanence, the happier I will be. I am inclined to agree with the
> reviewer Vladimir K. about much of the criticisms expressed in his on-
> line review:
> (http://www.thezensite.com/ZenBookReviews/LandOfNoBuddha.htm)

Why? I don't know what the purpose of the book was, but I enjoyed
reading it and found it "thought-provoking" as one says. I don't know
why you wrote/published it, nor what Vladimir K. (Karamazow?) expected
to find in it (other than reflections of a sceptical buddhist), but that
is entirely your and Vladimir K.'s business. Besides I found Wladimir
K.s review almost as funny as some of your essays and similar in style.
The one-hundred twenty-five word sentence had me laugh out loud, just
like the bit where he writes "I must confess that I had trouble
finishing this book and many times thought of throwing it down in anger
and despair".

Admit it Richard, you wrote it yourself...