[Buddha-l] Buddhism & American Christianity

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Nov 10 21:57:08 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 09:11 -0600, Timothy C. Cahill wrote:

>     One of my students (displaced by Hurricane Katrina) is trying to write
> a senior thesis on the influence of Buddhism on modern American
> Christianity.

Is she at all interested in looking at how some American Christians are
denouncing Buddhism? A few American Christian web sites have come to my
attention that offer trenchant critiques of Buddhism. If there is an
interest, I can forward them to you. Is your student interested in
looking at the considerable influence that American Christianity is
having on American Buddhism?

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy