[Buddha-l] Christian meditation and eastern symbolism

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at nerim.net
Wed Nov 16 07:21:01 MST 2005

Hi Michael

> When I read this "whole imagery of the Trinity" in meditation it
> reminded me of three things.

IMO there is nothing wrong with meditations using active imagination,
but there is nothing wrong either with meditational or other experiences
in which that/any imagery "is lacking". But that is clearly not the
opinion of the Catholic church. And if their is a "syncretism" between
experiences produced through various religious techniques, I don't see
why that would be a "danger to avoid". What type of danger would that be?

Joy