[Buddha-l] Re: Attan.com

at43naug at tds.net at43naug at tds.net
Wed Nov 16 16:05:14 MST 2005

    Seconding Joel Tatelman's comments, it has always struck me as comforting somehow that Pudgalavadins are still considered to be Buddhists. It proves that Buddhism is different from Christianity, in that "to be a Buddhist" apparently has little to do with what one believes. And I think, along with Richard, that anyone who claims to have some exclusive definition of Buddhism, be it this Wheeler fellow or Nichiren, thereby does a considerable disservice to the history of the Buddhist tradition. The only thing Buddhists seemed to be interested in suppressing was animal sacrifice, pretty much anything else was okay.
    That's my two cents for today.

             All the best,      Alex Naughton