[Buddha-l] Gender on Buddha-l

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Mon Oct 10 08:34:01 MDT 2005

> Of course, one makes distinctions in one's process of thinking.  It is a
> universal application of a particular distinction that makes it a dogma.
> You have established a dogma here - the principle that  there is a 'male
> viewpoint' and a 'female viewpoint'. But Richard and I are simply having
> none of it.
>
> --
> Metta
> Mike Austin
================
Correction: I did not propose "a" male viewpoint and "a" female viewpoint,
as if there is only one essential of each, therefore I did not "establish a
dogma"--
how ridiculous--I simply asserted a tendency on this list. A tendency is not
universal application.
As I already said, and I'm not going to repeat this again so if dunces here
insist on ignoring it, it's their problem. It's always "more or less"
whenever any generalization is being made by me. I am not obliged to cite
statistical data to support the evidence of decades of research.  There are
instead a variety of such viewpoints influenced by the culture of gender
distinctions within any given society. That gender is basically a cultural
construction that operates variably within different societies to produce
certain values and behaviors is a well-established fact, whether you and
Richard are"having" it, or not.
Joanna

Joanna