[Buddha-l] An experiment (Gender on Buddha-l)

Michael Paris parisjm2004 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 12:35:05 MDT 2005

Joanna,

That's fair.

Civility is even more rare than intelligent conversation, at least on
e-lists (and Texas freeways).

I for one would like to say I appreciate your pointing out the gender
issue here.

Not sure whether I agree or not, or whether agreement even matters, but
it is food for thought and observation.

Michael

--- jkirk <jkirk at spro.net> wrote:

[snip]

> What I am calling for in general is not stilted behavior but
civility,  that's all, just good old civility. Believe it or not, men
are
perfectly  capable of being civil too. Civility is one way to begin
being
compassionate  because it allows everyone into the charmed circle
instead of the usual  route here of incivility, which creates nastiness
and dukkha. All action has  consequences, as we Buddhists are
accustomed to pointing out....the  consequences of civility are far
more beneficial to all and, IMO, to the  general purpose of the list
than those of incivility. Q.E.D. folks.