[Buddha-l] Re: Buddhist pacifism

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Thu Oct 13 12:05:30 MDT 2005

As an anarcho-communist I'm inclined to say that spontaneously and
volutarily organized communities can exist in a way that not only
doesn't tred on individuals - but that offer human beings the only real
chance we have to fully realize our individuality. Such an organization
is not based primarily on "agreement" but rather on "affinity". People
who want to be together will figure a way to  make it work - or else
they'll f*ck it up. But I do not believe that failure is inevitable in
such a venture, and even if it is, anarchists are known for spouting
phrases like "demand the impossible". After all, just because something
has never happened before - why conclude that it is impossible?
Agreement is always a bad way of starting anything, anyway.

- Curt