[Buddha-l] Lin-chi Lu/Rinzai-roku

Stephen Hopkins stephen.hopkins at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 10:46:41 MDT 2005

I'd be grateful if any Buddha-l subscriber could help me with information
that might locate copies of an English translation of the Lin-chi Lu begun
by Sokei-an and Ruth Sasaki, and subsequently worked on by Professor's Iriya
and Yanagida, and, later still, by the poet Gary Snyder and Professor Hisao
Kanaseki.  A version was reportedly published by the Institute for Zen
Studies in 1975.

I'd also be interested to learn which, if any, of the other English
translations of the Lin-chi Lu / Rinzai-roku list members recommend.

With thanks,

Steve Hopkins