[Buddha-l] Re: recommendations for books on Madhyamika

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Mon Oct 17 16:08:55 MDT 2005

On Monday, October 17, 2005, Curt wrote:

> My  point is: don't bother going around saying to Zen
> folks, "so Zen is connected with Madhamika?" - you'll
> either  get  blank stares or you'll be criticized for
> "thinking" too much.

   I  suppose  that  I'm  a Zen folk after all, and I'm
sure  that  many  Zen  folks  like me agree that Zen is
connected  with Madhyamika, and with Huayan. Maybe some
Zen  folks (specially from Japanese schools) don't read
or  study  books, but if you visit Chinese monasteries,
you  will discover that they have great study programs.
That  Zen  stereotype  that you reproduce is just plain
nonsense.

   Best wishes,

   Beni