[Buddha-l] on eating meat

Kate marshallarts at bigpond.com
Mon Oct 17 18:02:40 MDT 2005

>>On occasion he also enjoys a small glass of sweet white wine.
>
> Now that would surprise me. Where did you read that?

Hi Mike,

My teachers are Buddhist monks who have dined with the Dalai Lama a number
of times.  But you've got me wondering.  Was it white or red?  Will have to
check my notes and get back to you on this.

>MoMo are steamed dumplings - like Dim Sum - usually containing meat.<

Thanks for the correction, Mike.  One of my teachers refers to momo as
rissoles, meatballs or dumplings indiscriminatively.

Regards
Kate